- During check in, you receive your boarding pass and check in any hold baggage.
Arrive at the airport in plenty of time.
- For flights within the Schengen zone, it’s best to arrive at the airport one and a half to two hours prior to departure.
Countries that have signed the Schengen agreement are: Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Czech Republic, Sweden and Switzerland
- For long-haul flights: it’s best to arrive at the airport three hours prior to departure.
Your boarding pass
You can obtain your boarding pass in various ways
Online or mobile check-in at home
- Check in from home
- 24 hours or 48 hours prior to your departure
Many airlines allow you to check in online from home via your computer or mobile device 24 or 48 hours prior to departure.
- You print your boarding pass containing the barcode yourself.
- Or you receive a QR code that you retain on your mobile device.
Express check-in at the airport
- At a self-check-in device
- At the airport: in the Departures Hall and at the bus and train station levels
Use express check-in if you have not yet checked in when you arrive at the airport and still wish to check in yourself. The self-check-in devices are located in the Departures Hall as well as at level 0 (bus station level) and level -1 (train station level).
At the airline check-in desk
- You can locate the correct check-in desk on the flight information screens.
- The check-in rows run from 1 to 14
Checking in at your airline’s check-in desk? The flight schedule screens indicate which desk you require.
Please note: the check-in desk is from the airline operating the flight. Your flight may be operated by an airline other than that of the flight number specified in your booking. If so, your booking information will state: Flight operated by (name of company).
Download the Brussels Airport app. That way you have all the latest info to hand. Enter your flight number and it will immediately display your check-in desk number.
Checking in baggage
Only carrying hand baggage?
Then you can proceed directly to security screening.
Bringing hold baggage with you?
Check in your hold baggage at the airline’s designated desk. The flight schedule screens indicate which desk you require.
Transferring to another airport?
Check whether your baggage can be directly checked in to your final destination.
Airline ticket desks are located around the Departures Hall. You can visit these desks with all manner of enquiries.
- Your baggage is heavier than permitted.
- You have more pieces of baggage than permitted.
- Your flight has suddenly been cancelled and you are already at the airport. Consult the passenger rights in the event of irregularities.
- You want to change your flight.
- Other questions for your airline.